Yes, I am a statistic. I have chosen to believe the superficial standards placed on women. I tug at my clothes, stare at my complexion, and switch on the go get 'em attitude as I head out the door...
I have accepted my insecurities because they are only a part of my story. I am embracing what the good Lord gave me and learning to see myself the way He does today and every day.
This final segment of Losing the Weight is a reminder to embrace our physical appearance and how to properly care for what God has given us.
To recap, Part 1 discussed ways of removing the every day toxins from life and regaining freedom. Part 2 was all about being victorious over ongoing battles in the mind. All 3 parts are essential to becoming triumphant in life because 99% of the battle begins with you. You are responsible for:
- Your thoughts
- Your surrounding environment
- Your actions
- Your response
- Your way of life/health
The key word here is you. All the above were carefully curated life puzzle pieces by the Creator himself and waits patiently for us to call upon Him. Looking for guidance? He is a great place to start.
Now, the Lord shares with us in scripture that "your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself..." - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
We are called to nourish our bodies, appreciate it, and use them to glorify Him. Ways of glorifying Him are endless and below are a few starting points:
Eating from the garden. Single-handedly the healthiest choice for body nourishment. Build a garden with herbs, fruits, and veggies. The Lord provides all we need through the soil along with the beasts of the field. "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything." - Genesis 9:3
- Do your cardio. Lift your children while doing lunges or squats. Family bike rides. CycleBar rides. Dance classes. Inhale the good and exhale. The body is screaming for 20 minutes of aerobic work. GO!
- Water is your friend. More than half of the bodies components are water. It is crucial that we flush out the toxins, viruses, bacteria lingering throughout our core. Start your day with a glass and feel refreshed!
- Let go of the stuff. You will be amazed how freeing it is to let go of clothing, personal items, just things that you no longer have use for. Haven't used/worn it in 6 months or more? PITCH it or donate to a charity.
- Know what goes ON and in your body. I was horrible with this for YEARS. Now that I'm 30 (breatheee) I am more conscious of what I put on my (uber-sensitive) skin. Find a local shop that makes their own oils and creams. My personal favorite is Skin Food by Aubrey.
If you haven't already, start taking care of yourself from the inside out. Accept what you see, how you feel and embrace it! For more workouts, clean recipes and overall nourishment for your body, another personal favorite of mine is The Dashing Dish. I'm excited to hear more about your journey to better health!
HOMEWORK: GET MOVING!