I was given a complimentary membership to Dashing Dish in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
I personally have never been the type to meal plan. As a new mom, my focus is getting through one day at a time with whats in my refrigerator. I have an okay diet, and my exercise consists on chasing my boys around the yard.
This is my reality.
And this year I'm choosing to make a change in my overall lifestyle with the help of Katie Farrell from Dashing Dish.
For years I've followed Katie's journey through Dashing Dish and her heart for Jesus and healthy living. Through her three books, Katie continues to share her testimony and over 2,000 mouth-watering recipes - (minus the guilt!)
My boys enjoy the Cranberry Turkey Salad - sandwich form (we did omit the pecans.) It's a quick savory meal with a sweet crunch AND kid-friendly! BONUS!
There's more where that came from...
The Dashing Dish Membership has you covered with more kid-friendly, gluten-free options, 30-minute meals, a variety of delectable dishes and SO much more!
And coming from an amateur (me) in the kitchen, these meals are effortless to whip up AND bursting with flavor!
Not sure about an ingredient? Katie also includes substitutions for your personal preferences. (I did swap out a few ingredients and the meals were just as delicious!)
The Skinny Mexican Lasagna was my family's personal favorite. This meal took a little over a hour between prep and cook time but was certainly worth the wait. My husband has a particular palette and was coming back for seconds! I do enjoy the gluten-free options, especially a dish with a little bit of heat: cumin, chili powder and enchilada sauce gave this meal a kick but wasn't overwhelming.
MMMMM ENCHILADA SOUP....
AND it doesn't "taste healthy" because the thought behind healthy dishes is healthy = lack of flavor.
Katie does a phenomenal job introducing various spices and herbs throughout her dishes to keep flavor VERY present and removes all the processed junk - This is paramount for exceptional dishes!
CAN'T FORGET THE CLEAN EATING GYROS
SO, what is the Dashing Dish Membership?
The membership provides the tools for cultivating a healthy lifestyle which includes:
- A Meal Plan Builder
- Grocery List Builder (THEE best!)
- Members only - Exclusive recipes AND workouts
All for only $7 monthly or $70 annually! Head over to Dashing Dish and sign up TODAY!
My top three favorite Dashing Dish Member features are:
- The Grocery List Builder: a time-saver and so efficient! There's no going back and forth between recipes. I simply click what meal I want and the ingredients are added to my grocery list (sizes and amounts included - also includes what recipe the ingredient is from.) Easy Peasy!
- The Meal Calendar: EVERY on-the-go mom's dream! With a click of a finger, meals can be added to your weekly (or monthly) meal schedule AND you can print it out for the fridge. So there's no asking mom all day, "What's for dinner??"
- The Dashing Dish Community (via Facebook:) a wonderful addition where other members share tips, ask questions, give suggestions and chat directly with Katie (she's actively posting updates, videos and talking with other DD members.) It's a great way to bounce ideas off other women aiming to live the best life with healthy goals too.
- **BONUS** Dashing Dish has an iPhone app so you can take these yummy recipes wherever you go! AND its free!
A few things improvements would be:
- An email option to have a weekly pre-made meal plan. I received a DD newsletter email that included a link to download a pre-made week plan curated by Katie and LOVED that this task was already done for me!
- More copycat recipes. I noticed there was an In-N-Out clean eating recipe and would love to see more like that.
- I do consider myself an amateur cook/baker and would love to see a "beginner's recipe" or easy recipe category.
Overall, I really enjoyed navigating through the Dashing Dish website. As I mentioned, I have read all three of her books and can attest to Katie's passion behind Dashing Dish. The savory and sweet recipes are crafted specifically to help those flourish in the kitchen, care for our bodies and live health(ier) lifestyles.
Through discipline (diet, physical activity, etc.) and accountability (DD membership, community, etc.), we are able to cultivate and maintain an ideal healthy lifestyle.
Dashing Dish is the resource for exactly this...
How are you cultivating a healthy lifestyle?
CONNECT WITH KATIE