Goodbye June. Hello July. Hope your 4rth of July was filled with plenty of BBQ and sparklers!
I enjoyed seeing everyone's "vacation mode" pictures with family and friends, by the water, around the campfire or simply being at home with the babies. I don't know about you but on vacation, I take a million pictures - thanks mom :) While attempting to capture every moment, I'm also learning to LIVE in the present. Lately, its been all about exploring my beautiful state.
I've struggled with the "phone in front of my face 24/7" syndrome considering the hundreds of social media platforms that need constant updating. I find myself NEEDING to check in online...I know what you're thinking, Let it GO Amy. Which brings me to the purpose of this post. The push for a presence online is greater now more than ever. We must remind ourselves to take in every day as they come. Give thanks. Appreciate those around you. Breathe. Love big.
I've developed a few tips to help transition into a "living in the present" lifestyle:
- Travel - a perfect opportunity to make memories, explore places near and far, and free your mind. Need ideas? Mock up a bucket list like my friends at The Awesome Mitten. Check out #miawesomelist if you live or plan on visiting Michigan. You're welcome ;)
- Schedule times - I check my phone way more than needed, and we all know how easy it is to get sucked into the internet vortex. Now, I clock in early in the morning and after the babies are asleep. Do what works for your schedule :)
- Plan ahead - Having a to-do list keeps me on task. I may not complete every task but I know what needs to be accomplished before I tap into the internet realm. Make a list the night before so you are ready to rock in the a.m.
- Step out of your zone - Whether its food, a hobby, befriending a stranger or an outfit you've had your eye on, nows the time to carpe diem. I am all for making a beautiful memory.
- Spend time with Him - The minutes I spend with the Lord truly give me peace, love and an understanding no other being has come close to. In a life full of questions, His word has the answers. Read His word and talk with Him daily.
This month is packed with adventures, weddings, birthdays and so many things to be grateful for. Right now is all that's promised in this life. It is no mistake that you are alive and well. Put down the phone and step outside. Thank God for your health, your loved ones, the roof over your head, and the opportunity to make an impact in this world. Live for today.